The Village of Gates Mills website has been designed with accessibility and web standards in mind. Specifically we have considered, and made efforts to comply with, Section 508 standards as they apply to web systems. Our website has been designed with at least the following Accessibility guidelines:
- The standard typefaces used on this site have been selected to provide optimal legibility on most devices.
- Wherever possible we use live text instead of graphics to ensure readability by assistive software, and also to optimize download times.
- Where appropriate we have included meta information on images and hyperlinks to provide written descriptive text.
- Responsive design techniques are used to render this website in the most usable way on a variety of screen sizes including mobile devices.
- Navigation links are textual and located near the top of the page for recognition by assistive software, and can be cycled through using keyboard tab keys.
Should you have any difficulty using our website please contact us.